The Brennan can drive traditional wired speakers AND as many as 32 Sonos wireless speakers throughout your home. This video shows you how.
- The Sonos speakers must have been previously installed using the Sonos app and connected to the same network as the Brennan
- On the web UI the Sonos button will apear to show that B2 has detected Sonos speakers.
- It can take a few minutes for your Sonos speakers to announce themselves but the Brennan will remember for next time so it's only the first time.
- The Scan Sonos button in the Settings Panel will find Sonos speakers more quickly.
- Click on the Sonos button and choose loudspeakers to send music to
- Click on the play button next to a track it will play that track immediately
- Click on the play button for an album and it queues the album on the speaker and starts playing the first track. It replaces any previous queue.
- Click on the play button in a Playlist and it queues the playlist (from that point) - again it deletes any previous queue.
- The volume and transport buttons work as you expect - except that if you play a single track there is no next or previous.
- You can switch back to another speaker and the music will continue
- You can play to a group of speakers or zone by grouping them in the Sonos App
- Also works on BB1
- If you change the Sonos speakers - click the “Forget” button in the Settings panel. That will force the Brennan to discover the new configuration.
- The Brennan lets you break the 65,000 Sonos track limit.
- It will not play videos.
- There is a 1000 track limit playing playlists or artists
- There is no way to see or edit the queued tracks
- Sonos currently only supported in the "original" web UI
- DLNA must be turned off. Settings->Maintenance->DLNA
News - February 2022
B2 can now play CDs directly to Sonos speakers. More here.