The Settings Panel shows statistics and software version and lets you change some infrequently needed settings.
In the Original UI open settings by clicking the cog icon.
- Compression selects the what kind of compression is used. FLAC, MP3 or None.
- The compression setting does not take effect until the next compression cycle. It only affects files as they are compressed. It does not affect previously compressed files.
- Segue selects how one track transitions into the next.
- Scan tells the brennan to scan the disk or SD card and build a new index of music tracks. The progress is displayed next to the Background label
- UI mode can be used to force the original (desktop) UI to adopt a particular configuration. NB this is not the same as switching to the Mobile UI.
- Guest Mode turns on Guest mode and optionally selects a Playlist to be used in Guest Mode. In Guest mode you cannot make changes to the B2 and you can optionally restrict play to the contents of one playlist.
- HDMI Audio directs the B2 audio to the HDMI (TV) output.
- Enable Youtube Cache saves Youtubes to internal disk as they are played. Once saved they can be found by Search and can be added to playlists.
- Big Picture - this setting increases the size of the cover art in the now playing panel.
- Mobile UI - this switches to the Mobile UI - it won’t affect browsers on other devices. So you can use the desktop browser on your desktop and the mobile on your phone.
- Debug - this opens a diagnostic window we sometimes use to help fix problems - take a look you cannot do any harm.
- Bluetooth - this opens the Bluetooth panel.
The Mobile UI is similar but with a subset of the settings.